Friday, September 09, 2005

Michael Brown Removed From Katrina Rescue

On Friday September 2nd I wrote Michael Brown is a Tool. I discussed how I thought Mr. Brown was incompetent and needed to be fired. Now Friday September 9th he was removed from leading the Katrina Relief efforts and sent back to Washington.

Mr. Brown was not fired, but just sent back to Washington to run the “big picture” of FEMA. I believe this was a great move by the Bush Administration. Perhaps I was too hasty to say fire him, which knowing the track record of Bush’s administration, he won’t be fired, but at least they took the correct steps to move this unskilled man to the side.

[ Links ]
Embattled Brown Taken Off Katrina Duty
Coast Guard chief takes over relief effort

[ Update ]
Mr. Brown doesn't know why he was removed from directing Katrina's Relief efforts but told the Associated Press, "I'm going to go home and walk my dog and hug my wife, and maybe get a good Mexican meal and a stiff margarita and a full night's sleep, and then I'm going to go right back to FEMA and continue to do all I can to help these victims."

Now how should we take these comments? Is this just a tried man speaking about a chance to get a quick vacation or a man who is insensitive to the whole situation?
Brown doesn't know why he was removed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home